vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) is a powerful automation platform that enables you to automate and orchestrate various IT processes, including the execution of Python scripts. In this article, we will show you how to set up vRO to run Python scripts and provide some tips along the way.
Before you can run Python scripts in vRO, you need to have the following:
- A working installation of vRealize Orchestrator (8.10.2+).
- A vCloud Suite Advanced or Enterprise license. You cannot run Python scripts with the standard vCenter license for vRO
Setting up vRO to run Python scripts
To set up vRO to run Python scripts, follow these steps:
- Open the vRealize Orchestrator client and log in with your administrator credentials. (https://<servername>/orchestration-ui)
- In the main menu, go to the “Assets” and select “Environments” from the submenu.
- Click the “New Environment” button to create a python3.7 environment.
- In the “General” tab, enter a name and a description for the environment.